Rayne's Sand & Gravel, Inc. is a family owned and operated business established in 1948. William D. Rayne and Mary E. Rayner purchased the company from Alton Charles Langton and renamed the company "William D. Rayne Sand & Gravel." In 1962 Mr. Rayne's younger son, Denman E. Rayne Sr., aka "Denny", began to work with his father. In 1966, not long after Denny Sr. began to work with his father, Mr. Rayne passed away. Denny Sr. took over the daily business operations for Mrs. Rayne until May 10, 1974. On this day Denny Sr. and his wife, Jo Ann, purchased the business from Mrs. Rayne. That same year on July 30, the business was incorporated under the name of "Rayne's Sand & Gravel, Inc." Denny Jr. joined the business in 1993 and Sean in 1996.
Today, Rayne's Sand & Gravel, Inc. now owns 36 pieces of construction equipment and has grown into one of the largest excavation contractors on the Lower Eastern Shore of Maryland. We are quickly approaching our 70th year in business and our success can be attributed to our loyal customers, quality products and projects professionally completed over the years.